Student Upstarts Business Hackathon
Saturday, 24 November 2012 at 09:00 - Sunday, 25 November 2012 at 17:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Why? Because we believe that students will create the best companies for the future - be your own boss and do it right now.
What? A Student Upstarts business hackathon - pitch ideas, form teams and build a business - all in one weekend.
- Join fellow entrepreneurial students who are interested in starting their own company to discuss ideas, form teams then create a business over the weekend.
- The aim is to build the best MVP and pitch this on Sunday afternoon to a judging panel.
- Christian and Matthew, the co-founders of Student Upstarts, will be there all weekend to mentor teams on how and why to build an MVP and to answer queries on what makes an investable business as well as the Student Upstarts plans for the rest of 2012.
- Students from the teams we've backed so far will also be there to answer any questions too.
- What's included: Red Bull, Pizza and a few of beers to celebrate on Sunday.
-- Student Upstarts - up to £15,000 investment into student teams to create and grow businesses --
When & Where
Martin Saunders PhD is the Managing Director of TBC Digital, a mobile web and app digital agency. Martin is also the founder of educational startup Zammer, a Mentor for Oxygen Accelerator, an Advisor to Emerge Venture Lab and was the founder and MD of the digital agency, MS Internet, until he sold the business in April 2011.
Matthew Stafford is the co-founder of the co-working space UpstartsConnect, tech investor Student Upstarts and the global networking group 9others. He was also the co-founder of 'B2Brand' investor Collider12 and created the event YCLDN with Y Combinator parter Harj Taggar.