San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This study day will provide an opportunity to share knowledge in a range of practice areas related to sudden and unexpected death, and to learn from professionals and bereaved young people and families.
Proposed programme to include the following presentations and working sessions*
- The work of the Child Death Overview Panel - Learning from research and experience
- Children and bereavement: Supporting siblings
- The impact of a child's death: A parent's perspective
- Breaking Bad News: A family liaison perspective
- Suicide and the impact on us all
- In the front line
- Supporting bereaved families
- The work of the Victim Support Homicide Service in Newcastle.
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.