The Sunday Assembly is a godless congregation that meets to hear great talks, sing songs and generally celebrate the wonder of life. It’s a service for anyone who wants to live better, help often and wonder more. Due to global demand this epic event will be one of the 100 assemblies launching worldwide on September 28.
We will be holding our first gathering at a place called The Public House at Boat Quay. As this is our very first session, it will not be a full-fledged Sunday Assembly with singing and book reading. Instead, we will focus our efforts on getting to know each other. We can also discuss our plans for the year.
- Date and time: 28 Sept
- Time: 4pm to 6pm
- Venue: The Public House 42 Circular Rd, 049398
- Event fees: Free
- 4PM - 4.30PM: Self introduction and ice-breaker sessions
- 4.30PM - 4.45PM: Organisers explain what the Sunday Assembly is about
- 4.45PM: Breakout into groups to discuss two topics of choice. 1) What are your favorite songs? or 2) The role of rituals in the secular world.
- 5.15PM: Groups to share their thoughts. Free and easy discussions.
- 6PM - Event ends
Other remarks from the organiser
- The Public House is a 5 minute walk from Raffles Place MRT. There are parking lots at Boat Quay but parking could be challenging on a weekend.
- We have a Facebook page! Please follow us at: https://www.facebook.com/SundayAssemblySingapore?fref=ts