Supporting Parents through Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby - Cheshire
- Halton Stadium (Select Security Stadium), WA8 7DU Widnes
Supporting Parents through Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
To provide an opportunity for the participants to explore the impact that pregnancy loss and the death of a baby can have on the family, and to identify the communication skills required, as outlined in 'Pregnancy Loss and Death of a Baby: Guidelines for Professionals' 3rd edition Schott, Henley & Kohner: Sands 2007
• to explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss
• to recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief, including gender issues
• to identify the potential impact on a couple's relationship
• to identify the importance of robust bereavement policies and care pathways
• to gain an understanding of how to enhance the care and support offered
• to relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
• to gain insight into differing beliefs and cultures
• to explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
• to gain information about the Child Bereavement Charity, other similar support
organisations and resources available
For all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death
"I feel much more confident to talk, start the conversation about the loss a family has had"
The Child Bereavement Charity supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies, and when a child is bereaved.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.