San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Dare to delve into a terrifying hotel experience with MAMA
What: #SurviveMAMA, a chilling overnight dare open to the public, to celebrate the DVD and Blu-ray™ release of MAMA on 17th June, 2013
When: #SurviveMAMA will be open from 10th for one week only
Where: Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, 30 Jamestown Road, London NW1 7BY
Details: Register online at http://survivemama.eventbrite.co.uk
To celebrate the Blu-ray™ and DVD release of startling paranormal thriller MAMA on June 17th, Universal Pictures (UK) is hosting a rollercoaster ride of looming threat and a sense of heart wrenching terror, with the launch of a temporary challenge that will allow the general public to #SurviveMAMA. It’s an intriguing and incredibly terrifying hotel room with a twist, open for one week only, designed to shake the public’s nerves and resilience.
Each night, #SurviveMAMA will plunge guests into the key moments and elements of the film, in their very own bespoke and unique hotel room, spine-chilling enough to shock even the most die-hard horror fan. Lights will flicker, sounds and scents will surround guests and there will be petrifying paranormal visitations, bringing the presence of MAMA to life in more ways than one.
For the chance to spend one night at the temporary scare room between 10th and 13th June, customers will be able to register their interest at http://survivemama.eventbrite.co.uk. Stays will be free of charge but will be limited to only 4 rooms per night: one room per lucky guest with the option of inviting 1 friend to join. Registration for tickets does not guarantee a ticket. Successful entrants will be picked at random and will be notified by 7th June.
MAMA is the gripping tale of two little girls who disappear on the day that their mother is murdered. Alone and lost for five years deep within the woods, two sisters are unexplainably discovered alive in a decrepit cabin, in a search funded by their uncle, Lucas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). With the help of his girlfriend, Annabel (Jessica Chastain) he attempts to bring the completely feral young sisters back to civilisation. However, it soon becomes clear all is not what it seems, and the new family may not be the only ones living in the new house, as an unseen and untouchable MAMA prowls.
Can you survive MAMA?
For further information, contact Fever PR
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Hotel HELLvetia is frightening and includes multiple effects which may include total darkness, water spray and splash, uneven surfaces, strobe lighting, latex, sudden loud noises, and live scareactors. When combined these effects immerse guests in the experience which is intended to be startling, fun and frightening. You should not enter if you do not wish to be frightened.
1. All entries must be made directly by completing the registration on the page on http://survivemama.eventbrite.co.uk
2. All entries must be submitted in the method provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Closing date for entry is 23:59 on 7th June, 2013
5. The winners will be notified by email
6. Only one entry per person permitted
7. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize awarded
8. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received and the judge’s decision is final.
9. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the promotion.
11. We advise you not to check-in if you are in late stages of pregnancy, have a heart disorder, suffer from claustrophobia, have a photosensitive form of epilepsy, suffer from a back disorder, suffer from asthma or are of a nervous disposition.
12. The competition is open to UK residents who are aged 21 years or over except employees of Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd, and their affiliated companies, their families or agencies or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
13. You must not touch anything inside the FEARoom, this includes properties, sets, effects and scareactors.
14. The scareactors will not hurt you, but may touch you without malice. They may intentionally invade your personal space. You must not touch them, ever, they will not harm you.
15. Offensive sexual language and expletives may be used by the scareactors. This is part of the experience and is designed to create simulated intimidation. You must not swear at the scareactors.
16. Smoking and drinking alcohol is forbidden during Hotel HELLvetia FEARoom experience. You may be asked to consume food items.
17. You must silence all mobile telephones while inside the FEARoom.
18. You must bring with you a torch to illuminate the FEARoom. If unable to bring along one may be provided for you.
19. You must not switch on, or off, any of the light sources inside the FEARoom, the scareactors will operate the lighting.
20. You must not touch any piece of technical equipment inside the FEARoom.
21. You must not attempt to switch on the television inside the FEARoom.
22. If the phone rings, you must answer it.
23. You must not leave the FEARoom until you have been told that you can do so.
24. Head or face masks and imitation weaponry of any kind are forbidden inside the attraction.
25. You may use the bathroom whenever you require.
26. Your personal items may be tampered with, but they will not be damaged.
Naked flames of any kind are forbidden inside the FEARoom.
27. You must abide by any directions given by the scareactors at all times.
28. Refreshments within the mini bar of your hotel room are not free to consume. Consuming this will be at your own expense.
29. You must not remove any item from the FEARoom at the end of your experience, unless you are specifically told that you can.
30. If you appear to be under the influence of alcohol when you arrive, we reserve the right to refuse check-in. The decision whether or not to allow you to enter lies with the Senior Show Producer, whose decision will be governed by the security and safety of our scareactors and other hotel guests.
31. We reserve the right to refuse check-in to the hotel if your behaviour is perceived as threatening, or if we have any reason to believe you pose a threat to other guests or our scareactors.
32. AtmosFEAR! Scare Entertainment will endeavour to ensure that all advertised features of the FEARoom are available. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, cancel or suspend any feature of the FEARoom due to inclement weather, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
33. By checking into the FEARoom you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and entry is at your own risk.
34. The experience includes a one night overnight stay for the attendee plus one guest in one room, at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, 30 Jamestown Road, London NW1 7BY. Check out time is 11:00 prompt the next day. Please be aware that this is subject to an additional cost to the attendee if not followed.
35. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they (and their party) are free to travel on the available dates set out in the prize details
36. Winners may be required to take part in publicity associated with this promotion.
37. In administrating this promotion the Promoter will not collect more of your personal information than absolutely necessary and will only use your personal information for the purposes of this promotion.
38. Promoter: Fever PR, Compass House, 22 Redan Place, London. W2 4SA