Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (GMT)
Coventry, United Kingdom
TeachMeet Cov details
Welcome to the signup page for the inaugural TeachMeet Cov.
A TeachMeet is a meeting of like minded teachers who are interested in sharing best and next practice, networking with other professionals and stealing their ideas! TeachMeets are vibrant communities of passionate educators who are striving to improve just because they can!
Running order/timings/speakers are subject to change
- 1630 - 1700: Coffee & registration, meet & greet activity
- 1700 - 1715: Welcome from Mark Bailie (Head Teacher), Keynote (Dr. Peter Kent, HT Lawrence Sheriff School), #TMcov instructions (Russell Plester, Deputy Head)
- 1715 - 1740: Session 1
- 1745 - 1810: Session 2
- 1810 - 1830: Break for hot food (#TMCov Curry)
- 1830 - 1855: Session 3
- 1900 - 1915: Keynote (Mark Bailie)
- 1915 - 1930: Depart for #TMCov afters (The Old Mill, Baginton) an opportunity to discuss ideas with colleagues and network at a local pub over a convivial drink in a warm atmosphere
There will be three sessions - in the form of discussion groups - which will be determined by the most popular choices from the following areas:
- Mobile technologies for teaching and learning
- Engaging the disengaged
- Leading teaching and learning
- Students leading learning (e.g. independent working, "flipped" classrooms)
What you will take away:
- Ideas to try in your classroom
- A strong and supportive list of contacts to build your Personal Learning Network and with whom to collaborate
- An opportunity to network with other committed colleagues
- Some of the best CPD you will get this year!
Need any more information?
Please contact the #TMcov organisers: