THE DEEPEST ACCEPTANCE - 7 Night Retreat in Glastonbury with Jeff Foster
Friday, June 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Friday, June 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM (BST)
Dundon, United Kingdom
"Right here, right now, in this moment, you don't need all the answers. You don’t have to ‘figure out’ the rest of your life, no matter what anyone says. There is no rush. Life is not in a hurry...... Instead of trying to ‘fix’ our lives, instead of trying to neatly resolve the unresolveable and quickly complete the epic story of a fictitious ‘me’, can we simply relax into utter not knowing, unravelling in the warm embrace of mystery, sinking deeply into the moment, savouring it fully, in its uniqueness and wonder?"
- Jeff Foster
We invite you to a retreat with Jeff Foster at the beautiful Earthspirit Centre near Glastonbury, Somerset, UK, in June 2013....
THE DEEPEST ACCEPTANCE:
DISCOVERING AN EFFORTLESS "YES" TO LIFE
FRIDAY 7th - FRIDAY 14th JUNE 2013
A 7-NIGHT RETREAT WITH JEFF FOSTER IN GLASTONBURY
How do we stop running away from “the mess of life”—our pain, our predicaments, our frustrations, our failures, even our longing for freedom and enlightenment—and start flowing with all of it?
Is it possible to find an effortless “yes” to this moment, no matter how challenging our lives become?
Is it possible to stop seeking love, peace and enlightenment in the future, and discover them where you already are?Through talks, guided meditations, intimate dialogues, laughter, tears, and silence, Jeff Foster invites us to take a fresh look at our present experience and discover the ocean of who we really are: a non-dual awareness that has already allowed every wave of thought and emotion to arrive. “Just as the ocean ‘accepts’ every wave,” teaches Jeff, “so too has our awareness already allowed and accepted what is here.” Jeff talks of deep acceptance not as a passive surrender, but as an intelligent and creative emerging into life just as it is. And it is not something that happens “one day”, or only happens to special people – it is always happening, if we have eyes to see it.
Recognizing ourselves as the ocean of deep acceptance radically transforms and simplifies the way we see the world - our relationships, how we communicate, our attitude towards physical pain and depression, how we deal with addictions, and our search for spiritual enlightenment. Candid, thoughtful, humorous—and deeply compassionate toward those searching for a way out of suffering—Jeff inspires us to stop trying to “do” acceptance…and start falling in love with “what has already been allowed.” His simple, accessible and direct teachings point us back to who we really are in this moment – already perfect, whole, and free.
Silence, laughter, lightness, and a sense of real intimacy, honesty and friendship are the hallmarks of retreats with Jeff. His meetings are very spontaneous and informal, and there are plenty of opportunities to share and ask questions, if you are so moved. And of course, if you just want to sit in silence and deeply listen, without sharing, then that’s fine too.
"Jeff, with his whole being, slowly and deliberately shoves a crowbar in your heart and pries it open and you can’t shut it again.” – S.H.
“Jeff answered questions that I did not know how to ask… my mind had hidden them deeply." - K.
"Jeff shows us how to meet everything and to turn toward instead of away from Life... He has no lineage, so he has no spiritual guru baggage to carry around. His meetings are just raw, naked, unconditional love..." - R.P.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL ABOUT THIS RETREAT
OR WOULD LIKE TO PAY IN A DIFFERENT WAY
PLEASE CONTACT THE ORGANIZER, MIKE LARCOMBE:
EMAIL: email@example.com or call: +44 7828 119 533
• Venue: The retreat will take place at The EarthSpirit Centre just outside of Glastonbury in the rolling Somerset countryside. In 2008 it was voted “Best Centre” by Kindred Spirit Magazine. Check the website for details: Earthspirit Centre.
• Dates and Times: Registration is at 6pm on the Friday (dinner will be served soon after). We will have to vacate the retreat centre by 4pm on Friday. The retreat ends at 2pm.
• Booking: To find out more and to book a place, please use the form above. Or, if you have any questions at all please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mike on +44 7828 119 533.
• Cost: The full cost of the retreat, including all meetings with Jeff, delicious vegetarian meals, teas and coffees all day, plus accommodation, is £795 for shared en-suite double/two-bed room, £595 for a shared room (with 2-7 beds) with shared facilities, or £495 camping (bring your own tent). To have a look at some of the rooms, click here. To secure your place now, you can book securely via credit or debit card using the buttons above. If you have trouble paying this way, or would like to pay in another way, please contact us. **There are a very limited number of single rooms available for a surcharge. If you are interested, please contact us**
• Directions: To find out out more about the location, check the Earthspirit website.
• Travel: Glastonbury is conveniently located in the heart of the countryside and yet within easy reach by plane, train, bus and car. It is about 2hrs drive from London and Birmingham and 3hrs from Manchester. It is a 1hr flight from Inverness in Scotland. We are a less than 1 hour bus journey from Bristol which has a main train station and international airport. Transport will be available from the centre of Glastonbury out to the Earthspirit Centre. If you have any questions, please email us.
"What I most appreciate about Jeff is his willingness to be fully exposed, and to take spirituality out of the ashrams and meditation halls and into the streets…”
- Matt Licata, Sounds True
"With unshakable patience and softness, Jeff approaches all questions with a completely un-rushed and peaceful style, always searching to find the most skillful words that can capture his thought and best be conveyed. In truth, Jeff’s teachings are alive..." - W.R.
“Jeff’s message is a relief for seekers who are tired of chasing dreams, and a true calling to re-examine what’s present in our lives and find out if we don’t already have exactly what we are looking for." - P.L.
ABOUT JEFF FOSTER:
Jeff Foster studied Astrophysics at Cambridge University. In his mid-twenties, after a long period of depression and illness, he became addicted to the idea of ‘spiritual enlightenment’ and embarked on an intensive spiritual quest for the ultimate truth of existence.
The spiritual search came crashing down with the clear recognition of the non-dual nature of everything, and the discovery of the extraordinary in the ordinary. In the clarity of this seeing, life became what it always was: intimate, open, loving and spontaneous, and Jeff was left with a deep understanding of the root illusion behind all human suffering, and a love of the present moment.
He presently holds meetings, retreats and private one-to-one sessions around the world, gently but directly pointing people back to the deep acceptance inherent in the present moment. He helps people discover who they really are, beyond all thoughts and judgments about themselves, even in the midst of the stress and struggle of modern day living and intimate relationships.
Jeff’s teaching style is direct and uncompromising and yet full of humanity, humor and compassion. He believes that freedom is everybody’s birthright. He belongs to no tradition or lineage, and makes his teaching accessible to all.
Jeff was voted #51 on Watkins Mind Body Spirit's 2012 list of the world’s 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People - the youngest teacher on the list. Jeff has published four books in over six languages. His latest book The Deepest Acceptance was published in 2012 by Sounds True.