What you need to know:
Before the tour
- Please present your online tickets to the ticketing person prior to the tour
- Printed online tickets are not required, as long as client can supply proof of purchase via smartphone or iPad
- Please arrive in good time for a prompt 7.30pm start, especially if you are part of a group. Just like the theatre, if you're not there after 7.30pm, the show must go on...
- Meeting point: outside at The Beehive Inn, in Grassmarket, near the large A frame sign for the tour
- Scottish Licensing laws are very strict and actually quite non-European (sorry about that). Under 25 may be asked for ID so it's a good idea to brings yours with you
- For Student Concession, please present personal student card to ticketing person
- Your ticket is only valid for the tour you have booked. If you aren't able to attend your tour please advise us and we will attempt to place you on a later one, subject to availability
During the tour
- Walking distances are easy. You can ask our ticketing person for more information or check the route on our website
- Bad weather is just about the right clothing. We run in hail, rain, wind or snow, please wear warm clothing and comfortable foot wear
- Please respect our actors when performing by not interrupting (unless they ask you to!). We also respectfully ask you to seek permission for all flash light photography, it can be distracting, but our actors are all professionally trained and quite amenable
- Drinking is not required (although it's recommended!) and drinks are not included in the ticket price
After the tour
- If you are part of a group and wish to have dinner after the tour, please contact us with your booking request and we will provide you with our Supper Packages for The Kenilworth (last pub on the tour) - contact: email@example.com
- Please, please feel free to rate us on Trip Advisor, it’s a huge help to us in terms of keeping the project alive!
- You can send your pictures of the tour to firstname.lastname@example.org the winner of the best picture every month will receive a free copy of our “Land Lines” book, fully illustrated with mono and colour photographs and covering 300 years of Scottish Literary history throughout Scotland
For Private Group Tours
- For private tours and group supper packages please send your request to email@example.com we will reply shortly after
Thanks for your support and wishing you a great tour!
The aim of The Scottish Literary Tour Trust Ltd is to produce unique literary projects which will entertain and inform a wide audience, through the collaboration of Scottish talent, past and present, raising awareness of Scotland's rich literary heritage throughout the United Kingdom and abroad. Besides the Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour, the Scottish Literary Tour Trust has developed other relevant cultural products in the UNESCO City of Literature.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.