THINK THURSDAY - 15 NOVEMBER 2012
@ Innovation Warehouse - 2 pm to 5.30 pm
In celebration of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, the Global Brainstorm is delivering an exciting, inspiring and empowering event. We're attempting to set a world record in collective thinking and cross-cultural collaboration and we'd love for you to be involved in this educational experiment conducted for the benefit of people building businesses.
Leading innovators and experienced entrepreneurs will lend their knowledge and expertise as we meet live and online to brainstorm about how best to build your business. Training in advanced thinking will be given as part of this event.
The question the Global Brainstorm asks is:
"WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW TO SUCCEED?"
96% of New Start-up Business FAILS because:
· The business is started incorrectly and with a lack of fundamental knowledge and skill.
· The business lacks fundamental strategy and suffers from blurred or split vision.
· The entrepreneur is often overworked, overwhelmed and functioning far from comfort.
· Fear and frustration increase with a lack of positive results.
· Start-up Business owners are often unaware of the true value of their time.
· They lack short term goals, clear thinking and the ability to optimize action.
· The mindset of the entrepreneur suffers and so does the business.
The Global Brainstorm gives anyone attending the opportunity to explore their ideas before they make costly mistakes. The event will deliver fundamental skills and knowledge in business building. By the end of it, you’ll have focused your vision, set specific (and achievable) short term goals to strategically secure a more successful future. You’ll have met and shared thoughts with like-minded, potential collaboration partners at the forefront of innovation and new technology AND you’ll be better connected to a credible support network as a result.
The key message delivered by this event is about the power of ALIGNMENT - Alignment of thoughts and alignment of action give you the greatest business traction...
...AN OVERVIEW OF THE AFTERNOON:
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Why 96% of new business fail within the first 10 years and what you can do to prevent this from happening to you – even if you’ve yet to get started!
· Dr Edward de Bono - joining us by exclusive interview to share insights into how to maximise your mind and success as an entrepreneur. He's the Guru of Guru's in advanced thinking, the inventor of parallel thinking and lateral thinking tools.
· Tony Fish - founder Innovation Warehouse and author of the Innovators Guides and leading Innovation & High Growth strategist.
· Kane Kramer – inventor of the digital audio player (i-pod) and founder of British Inventors Society.
· Marc Ortman – Founder of Ideaspace Global – empowering entrepreneurial growth.
· Liam Hughes – mind mapping Guru and founder of Biggerplate.com
· Andrew Wilcox –Cabre Coaching training the trainers to mind map.
· Sonia Klein – Labour Candidte, serial entrepreneur and innovation ambassador.
· Gemma Thompson – founder Social Media Illumination – maximising collaboration online.
· Chris Arnold – founder World Merit – immobilizing international talent and leadership
· Celia Gates – founder The Global Brainstorm, author From Brainwave To Business.
* WE ARE HONOURED WITH AN AWESOME INTERVIEW FROM AN AMAZING MAN...
... HERE'S A SNEAK PEAK:
AN INFLUENTIAL INSPIRATION - THE FOUNDER OF LATERAL THINKING
THE POWER OF PARALLEL THINKING & MIND MAPS
An overview of the brainstorming technique and methods – refreshing your mind mapping skills with some experts in the industry.
Brining inherent fears to the surface as you come to terms with this advanced thinking brainstorming tool. With Q&A follow-up panel answering your specific needs.
CROSS-CULTURAL COLLABORATION (Networking 20 minute Tea & Coffee Break for live audience)
Acknowledging consistent change and recognizing a cultural revolution. How you can surf the waves of this movement by better managing this process.
WHY YOUR MINDSET MATTERS.
Are you born with or do you build a brilliant brain? Thought leaders and innovators share interesting ideas giving you advanced thinking insight and skill.
“BUILDING AIRPLANES IN FLIGHT”
Analyzing Jonathan Ortman’s (President GEW) statement with a panel of experienced entrepreneurs to understand what this really means to you as a growth operation.
PROBLEMS AS FUEL TO FURTHER IDEAS.
THE GENERATION OF INNOVATION
Attempting to set a world record in collaborative thinking. This second brainstorming session will see you further refine your ideas and indentify a clear course of progressive action.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
What to do with a brilliant brainwave and how to capitalize on the current opportunity. Answering your immediate questions. Networking and news.
*THE ABOVE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO IMPROVEMENTS AND AMENDMENTS.
ATTENDING WILL BENEFIT YOU:
· If you’re building a business and want support refining your ideas.
· If you’re a peak performer striving to maximise the use of your unique mind.
· If you’re looking for the competitive edge that a strong innovation strategy ensures.
· If you’re activities are aligned to the “Innovation Generation”.
This is about being at the forefront of tomorrow – today.
DON'T DELAY - RESERVE YOUR TICKET RIGHT AWAY.
Your Host Celia Gates is the author of From Brainwave To Business. Her titles include European Female Designer of the Year and British Consumer Inventor of the Year. She is an ambassador for Enterprise UK. As the founder of the Global Brainstorm she actively engages with individuals at all levels using her Whether Forecast™ Brainstorming tool. This parallel thinking devices encourages individuals to think outside of their habitual thinking style. This reveals a boarder, more bespoke understanding of a situation. Such insight helps overcome inherent fears whilst stimulating new ideas in as little as 20 minutes.
To register by phone or ask your questions please call 07891 677880
DISCOVER MORE BY VISITING www.theGlobalBrainstorm.com
When & Where
Celia Gates & GEW
Celia Gates is the author of From Brainwave to Business and the founder of the Global Brainstorm. A local resident to the 7 Sisters Cliffs she regularly walks them. Celia delivers local self employment workshops as well as actively innovating, business building, coaching and training.
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is the worlds largest celebration of entrepreneurship.