You only have to look as far as hurricane Bawbag and recent developments between Diageo and Brewdog to see how social media is influencing editorial decisions at news desks across the country.
Who better to a look at this topic than Iain Pope the Digital Intake Editor at STV. An advocate of social media in the news gathering process, Iain is also part of the team behind the recent innovations at STV using online and hyper-local journalism.
Amongst the topics for this evening Iain will cover:
- Examples of how social media is affecting the news gathering process
- The changing relationship between consumers and producers of news
- New challenges facing online journalists and news producers
- How social media is affecting the lifecycle of a story and how STV use social media to engage their audience
There will also be an opportunity to ask Iain a few questions and get involved in the discussion.
About Iain Pope
Iain Pope joined STV last year following a period as Online Editor at the Daily Record. He has also been Assistant News Editor at the daily Record and Edinburgh Evening News.
- Doors open at 6.15pm for you to grab a free drink from the bar, enjoy some snacks and take your seat.
- Introductions and the main speaker will start at 6.30pm
- At around 7.10pm you will have a chance to take part in a Q & A session.
- At 7.30pm guest can retire to the bar for a bit more socialising in the city.
If you would like to speak at a future social in the city event please contact us for more information.
When & Where
The CIPR Scotland Group has over 860 members across the public, private and voluntary sectors. We host a programme of activities throughout the year, including events, awards and training courses.
For the latest information visit
- The CIPR Scotland Blog
- CIPR Scotland on Facebook
- CIPR Scotland on Twitter
- LinkedIn Group
- CIPR Scotland on the CIPR website.
If you are interested in joining the CIPR you can apply online.