San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
What would you like to get better at? Public speaking? Running meetings? Time management? Persuasion? Choosing the perfect gift?
Whatever's on the top of your learning list, chances are there's someone out there who's good at it. Just track them down and… you could hit a communication gap.
Because finding stuff out from people actually takes considerable skill.
The best interviewers in the business make it all look so easy. But try it yourself - and you'll find there's a whole lot more to it than first appears. Unless you know the ground rules, you'll soon be stumbling over your words and struggling to decide what to ask next. Embarrassing!
Master the skills of interviewing, though, and the world's your oyster. You can not only learn from the experts how to get better at anything, but also:
- understand what's really going on in complex and confusing situations
- influence and persuade people more effectively
- make friends more easily, and connect with them more deeply
- work more effectively with groups and teams
- make better decisions based on better information.
And if you work with people as a coach, consultant of therapist, improving your interviewing skills will dramatically improve your effectiveness, because you'll be able to diagnose issues more effectively and so devise more effective interventions.
In this workshop, X-Ray Listener Judy Rees - a news journalist for 20 years who is now an internationally-renowned coach - will make you a better interviewer.
- the best questions to ask and when
- how to listen, take notes, and think… all at the same time
- how to plan your interviews effectively
- what to do when things don't go according to plan
- how to increase your chances of discovering the gems that make interviewing a delight!