The Sharing Economy: Our Democratic Future - Parliamentary Reception
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 from 6:15 PM to 8:15 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
To celebrate Global Sharing Day and Parliament Week, The Sharing Economy: Our Democratic Future will hear how this emerging, new economy opens up access, engages diverse communities, increases participation and builds healthy, happy sustainable communities. From car sharing to skills swapping, people are starting to share precious resources, as millions around the world celebrate Global Sharing Day, we’ll hear how this new economy is changing the way we think, live and do business, paving the way for our democratic future.
In this interactive event, Mike Barry, Head of Sustainability at Marks and Spencer will be interviewed by a budding young journalist from the Brighton Youth Centre about why Shwopping is better than shopping; we'll hear from Founder of The People Who Share, Benita Matofska, why this new economy is engaging millions around the globe and we'll hear from politicians and the Big Society Network, how the Sharing Economy is offering opportunities for communities accross the UK.
Important Ticketing Information
There is limited capacity so please confirm your ticket early to avoid disappointment. If you are unable to attend please ensure that your ticket is cancelled.
Refreshments: Drinks and light refreshments will be served
Entrance: Cromwell Green Visitor Entrance (Number 7 on the map) http://www.parliament.uk/documents/facilities/maps/colmap1.pdf
You will pass through airport-style security so please allow enough time to enter, we suggest 30 minutes.
Please bring with you a copy of your ticket (which will be emailed to you) and photo ID to present on arrival.
For more information on getting here please visit: http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/directions/
Terms and Conditions:
1. Tickets are not transferable
2. Latecomers will not be admitted to the event after 6.30pm
3. The use of recording or photographic equipment is strictly forbidden.
4. Everyone entering the Houses of Parliament must bring photographic ID with them and go through airport style security checks. Please see here for details http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/security/
5. Ticket holders entering the Houses of Parliament are expected to abide by code of behaviour for public events which can be seen here http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/events/
6. Dogs will not be admitted (except guide dogs).
7. You may be filmed and photographed during the event. By attending, you are consenting to being in these forms of media. The primary use of this content will be to promote future Parliament Week activity.
8. If wheelchair access is required, please inform us prior to the event so we can accommodate your needs
When & Where
The People Who Share
The People Who Share is an exciting social enterprise, the campaign for a Sharing Economy. Founders of Global Sharing Day we are dedicated to reshaping the world through sharing, harnessing the power of reciprocity to create a happier, healthier and more sustainable future.
Through our marketplace of sharing www.compareandshare.com we bring together, aggregate and connect the Sharing Economy. We make sharing fun, affordable, easy and accessible, connecting sharing online with offline events and campaigns. We are the central hub, the champions of the Sharing Economy.
We believe in a connected world of collaborative lifestyles and cohesive communities, where people come together to share the life they love and live the life they want by sharing cars, skills, knowledge, time, homes, gardens, clothes…. the opportunities are endless. Our goal is to unlock the sharing potential in every person, in every home and in every street. What will you share?