A two-day course run in partnership by London College of Beauty Therapy (LCBT) and DementiaPathﬁnders
- Do you currently work with people with dementia?
- Would you like to know how to reduce anxiety, agitation and depression without using drugs?
- Would you like to improve wellbeing in 15minutes?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above you may be interested to learn how to deliver Therapeutic Massage for people living with dementia.
The programme which will provide an introduction to hard, arm, leg and foot massage, is made up of a combination of teaching, demonstrations and lots of opportunities for learners to practice the skills that they have learnt.
The course will include three, hour long sessions on the following Dementia specific topics:
- What is dementia? - (Physical and psychological signs and symptoms)
- Dementia and well-being (Person centred care and communication)
- Dementia and associated conditions (Stroke, Parkinson’s, Diabetes etc)
When you have demonstrated that you have put your learning into practice you will be invited to an award ceremony at a central London venue to receive your certificate. The course is credited by The Beauty Guild.
28th and 29th April 2016 from 9.00am to 6.00pm
NB Attendance on both days is compulsory
£350 per person
Save This Event
When & Where
Dementia Pathfinders CIC
'Encouraging togetherness and learning in dementia care'
Dementia Pathfinders Community Interest Company is a social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families.
Learning with Experts in Dementia