San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is aimed at Managers, Senior Managers, Leaders and Human Resource Managers from any type of organisation where improving performance matters.
It will show how managers can quickly boost their effectiveness and effectiveness of their teams.
- Do you complain about having too much work and working too many hours?
- Do you feel guilty about not having got all of the work done – again?
Managing time effectively or, to be more accurate, scheduling your priorities effectively, is the key to overcoming these challenges.
The brutal truth is that the vast majority of managers spend significant amounts of time on things that have little leverage on their key responsibilities.
The way that they spend time and the key priorities that they are paid to achieve are significantly out of step.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to become more effective at using your time – improving your efficiency and effectiveness
- How to identify and agree the key priorities in your job and keep these priorities at the top of your agenda
- How to establish a schedule that reflects your key priorities
- How to identify what your role really requires of you
- Classic time management mistakes and how to avoid them
- A simple, tried and tested model to significantly improve your time management
- How to carve out blocks of time – without interruption for the big stuff
- Create a sense of urgency in your team and increase the tempo at work
- Increase the capacity and effectiveness of your team in getting the important things done
- Make sure that you get time to do the important things as well as the urgent
- Make sure that you spend time on the things that really matter
- Increase the tempo of organisational improvement and personal development for you and your team
This workshop is part of a series on How to Be A Better Manager:
15th October - How To Be An Outstanding Manager
17th December - Giving and Getting Great Feedback that drives performance
21st January - Developing potential - Manager as Performance Coach
18th February - Effective Delegation - Getting More Done Well
18th March - Time and Priority Management
Each workshop can stand alone - but taken together they provide a comprehensive system for management that produces great results.
When & Where
Mike Chitty - NHSLA
For over 30 years I have helped people, organisations and communities to make progress. I have worked as a teacher, manager and leader in the public, private and third sector.
I have started and grown businesses for both profit and social impact.
My main areas of practice are:
- Management and Leadership Development
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Community Development