Tuesday 30 Oct 2012: Integrating Services for Older People
Tuesday, 30 October 2012 from 18:00 to 19:15 (GMT)
Joint event between RSA Fellows' Public Services Reform (Scotland) Network and National Library of Scotland - to be held at National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh
Tuesday 30th October 2012 - 6pm to 7.15pm (registration at 5.45pm)
Designed for Life: reconfiguring services for older people
(1) Andrew Lowe FRSA, Director of Social Work, Scottish Borders Council and Immediate Past President, Association of Directors of Social Work
(2) Annie Gunner Logan, Director of CCPS (the Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland), the national membership body for voluntary andnot-for-profit care providers.
The presentation by Andrew Lowe will deal with the Integration of Adult Health and Social Care Services and will cover policy considerations, national framework/local leadership, single accountability, parity of esteem, self-direction and empowerment and“services fit for my Mum”.
Voluntary organisations provide a significant proportion of care and spport in Scotland, both formal and informal. Annie Gunner Logan will look at the extent to which current developments are helping - or indeed hindering - the voluntary sector's vital role.
It is proposed to allow for time for Q&A with those attending.
Registration from 13th September via
(1) Special note: telephone booking may only be made on or after Monday 22nd October, and will be subject to availability via 0131-556 2052
(2) Registration data will be retained by the RSA, handling all bookings.
(3) Queries? E-mail RSA Fellows’ PSR Scotland Network chairman via firstname.lastname@example.org .