San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
UK Financial Engagement and Education Debate
Hosted by Jonathan Edwards MP
Endorsed by Monarchy Online and in cooperation with Rotary International.
Jonathan Edwards MP together with Chartered Financial Planner Filip Slipaczek, would respectfully request the pleasure of your attendance at a prestigious panel discussion in Parliament, followed by a post event drinks reception in Portcullis House on:
Thursday 20th October
House of Commons, Committee Room 14, St Margarets Street, London, SW1A 0AA
5:00pm – 7:00pm - Panel Discussion
7:00pm - 9:00pm - Drinks Reception
Formal or Business (not smart casual)
Delegates are to access Parliament via The Cromwell Gate.
Please allow one hour for security checks. Wheelchair access available.
Topics of discussion for the evening will include:
- Financial Exclusion of the ordinary person from Financial Advice.
- Financial Education of the ordinary person and the Young.
- The recent Pension Freedoms and are they working.
- Over burdensome Financial Regulation.
- Accountability of The FCA and FOS.
- The continuing promotion of Chartered Status and the industry as a profession.
Your panellists for the evening:
- Keith Richards Chief Executive of the Personal Finance Society
- Dick Jenkins Chairman of The British Building Society Association.
- Tish Hanifan Barrister, Founder and Joint Chairman of the Society of Later life Advisers (SOLLA).
- Campbell Edgar, Assistant Director and Head of Financial Planning CISI. Confirmed
- Michelle Hoskin - Standards International
- David Baldwin FCCA
- Doug Heron, Nucleus Financial
Places are limited and bookings will be accepted on a first come first served basis. Therefore, your early booking is essential.
Please note: Catering will be done in-house. Both Kosher and Halal food can be preordered. In regards to other dietary requirements and food allergies please ensure you check with the caterers on the day before consuming.
There will be no admission fee, but as the event is being endorsed by Monarchy Online and Rotary International, we would kindly request that you consider making a generous donation of at least £30.00 to our chosen charity, SOS Children's Villages UK.
Save This Event
When & Where
Personal Finance Society
Our mission is to lead the financial planning community towards higher levels of professionalism, exhibited through ethical and behavioural standards, skill and technical knowledge to the ultimate benefit of the profession and the consumer alike.
The Personal Finance Society is a not-for-profit organisation with member-led governance.