This interactive session is designed to help you:
• Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affect business
• Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and for others, of some of the issues surrounding mental health
• Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
• Understand the key techniques of Mental Health First Aid
• Understand the legal position, including when a mental health issue becomes a disability under the Equality Act 2010, and your statutory responsibilities
As a result you will be able to:
• Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
• Relate to people’s experiences
• Help support people with mental health problems
• Begin to develop a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
• Look after your own mental health
• Ensure you deal with HR and ER cases involving mental health issues in a way that complies with your legal obligations and any statutory duty to make reasonable adjustments
Lakhvir Rellon is the Head of Community Engagement at Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust. Lakhvir is a social worker by background and worked in a range of voluntary sector organisations before joining the Trust. The main focus of her current role is to promote mental health, develop programmes to challenge stigma and strengthen partnerships with community organisations to support peoples recovery from mental ill health.
Ramez Moussa is a Labour and Employment Partner at international law firm Squire Patton Boggs. He has over 16 years’ experience of advising clients on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. Chambers and Partners describe him as "helpful and very insightful, with a sense of humour that can bring a levity to hard situations."
Registration and Refreshments
For the morning session registration and breakfast will be available from 09:00.
What is the refund policy?
Places can be cancelled up to 1 week before the event, after that any non-member delegate fee of £15 is non-refundable
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
Save This Event
When & Where
CIPD Birmingham Branch
The CIPD Birmingham branch provides opportunities for its 2500 members to network with local HR and L& D professionals, to continue with their professional development and remain up to date with HR issues. There is an active programme of events through the year and you can find details of the upcoming events listed below. For further details just click on the event you are interested in and you can then book your place online.
Unless otherwise stated branch events are free for CIPD members to attend, and there is a non-member fee of £15 which must be paid online when booking.
Birmingahm branch is part of the CIPD Midlands Area Partnership (MAP) which is holding its Midlands Annual Event on Saturday 8 October at Chesford Grange Hotel in Warwickshire. The theme this year is 'Building Workplaces for the Future' and you can find out more on the MAP events website
The CIPD Birmingham branch committee look forward to seeing you at our events and if you would like any further information please contact the Regional Branch Co-ordinator Eleanor Lloyd Jones on email@example.com or 0116 235 7992