San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A bimonthly event in Sheffield where we invite speakers from around the country to come and talk about their experiences in research and design projects.
ABOUT THE NEXT EVENT
"Five users will find 85% of the usability problems" - and other myths about usability testing
Usability testing is by far the most widely used usability method. Nonetheless, it’s often conducted with poor or unsystematic methodology and thus doesn't always live up to its full potential. Rolf Molich will lead an interactive and lively discussion about a number of controversial beliefs about usability evaluation and discuss if they are truths or myths.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER.
Rolf Molich is one of the pioneers of usability. He has worked in the field since 1984 and together with Jakob Nielsen created the method of heuristic evaluation.
Rolf owns and manages DialogDesign, a Danish usability consultancy that he founded in 1993. He conceived and coordinated the Comparative Usability Evaluation studies in which more than 100 professional usability teams tested or reviewed the same applications.
Rolf was a principal investigator in the Nielsen Norman Group’s large-scale usability test of 20 US e-commerce websites, involving more than 60 users. He has worked with usability since 1984 and wrote the best-selling Danish book User Friendly Computer Systems, of which roughly 30,000 copies have been sold. The book is now available in English, with the title Usable Web Design.
Rolf has helped to develop the CPUX certification program and has been involved in drafting of the curriculum.
6.15pm - 6.45pm: Get a drink and get a seat!
6.45pm - 7.30pm: The main event - "Five users will find 85% of the usability problems" - and other myths about usability testing
7:30pm: Drinks and a chin wag
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The event is hosted in the Pub/Bar at Sheffiled train station, therefore really easy to get to by train. If coming by car there are several parking options nearby:
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you can't attend please feel free to give your ticket to a collegue or friend
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Ideally, but if you forget to bring it we'll not turn you away if your name is on our list of attendees
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No problem, feel free to still attend
Save This Event
When & Where
Since 1999 the UK’s leading UX consultancy. We are psychologists, researchers, interaction designers, usability & customer experience specialists. We cover web, software, mobile, print, service design and more
- Founded in 1999
- 27 full-time consultants + support staff (41 in total)
- large enough to be well resourced, small enough to care
- 3 UK offices: London, Oxford, Sheffield
- providing non-London-centric customer research
- 5 research labs, 7 eyetrackers, and many more gizmos
- it’s all portable too, so we can go where your customers are
- International reach with multilingual consultants
- partnerships if we don’t have the language in-house
WE ARE USABLE AND ACCESSIBLE:
- We work in partnership with you
- to support you and your teams
- We produce deliverables you can act upon now
- not ones you weigh and occasionally dust
- We will design focused, bespoke research methods for you
- to give you the best ROI and avoid bloat
- We will advise you on the best use of our services
- even when it is not to spend with us
- We are not the usability police!
- we don’t criticise - we help make things better