PAS Hugh MacDiarmid Lecture: Alexander McCall Smith on Auden
- The Saltire Society, EH1 1TF Edinburgh
GROWING NEW POEMS FROM CUTTINGS WORKSHOP
Mandy Haggith leads a poetry workshop focusing on how to create poems, what is it to be inspired. The tree of the day is Elder, a particulary beautiful native tree.
Using new media, four poets will document their experiences during month-long residencies at each of the four gardens of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh - Sue Butler at Benmore, Argyll in June; Mandy Haggith in Edinburgh in July; Jean Atkin in Logan, Dumfries and Galloway in August and Gerry Loose at Dawyck in the Borders in September.
Follow the poets' blog at www.walkingwithpoets.com, on twitter using #gardenpoet and at www.facebook.com/WalkingWithPoets.
Walking With Poets, takes writing about the landscape into the twenty-first century. It is a collaboration between the Scottish Poetry Library, the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and Cove Park, and funded by a Creative Scotland Year of Natural Scotland Award.
The Scottish Poetry Library is a unique national resource and advocate for the art of poetry. We are passionately committed to bringing the pleasures and benefits of poetry to as wide an audience as possible. Physically and virtually, the Scottish Poetry Library’s doors are open. There’s poetry here for everyone, and we can help you find the poem you’ll want to keep.
- If you need a carer/companion to help you access this event, they will be eligible for a free ticket to the event. Please contact email@example.com
- We are unable to provide refunds for events if you cannot attend. If we have to cancel an event due to unforeseen emergencies such as extreme weather conditions, we will refund all ticket buyers for the full cost of their tickets.
- Concession tickets apply to children (under 15), students (with valid matriculation card), Young Scot card holders, Senior Citizens, Disability (Carers go free), Claimants (Jobseekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit), NHS employees (with proof of employment)
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
We hope your ticket booking proceeds smoothly, but if you have any problems or questions, please contact us for assistance.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.