San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
GROWING NEW POEMS FROM CUTTINGS WORKSHOP
Mandy Haggith leads a poetry workshop focusing on how to create poems, what is it to be inspired. The tree of the day is Elder, a particulary beautiful native tree.
Using new media, four poets will document their experiences during month-long residencies at each of the four gardens of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh - Sue Butler at Benmore, Argyll in June; Mandy Haggith in Edinburgh in July; Jean Atkin in Logan, Dumfries and Galloway in August and Gerry Loose at Dawyck in the Borders in September.
Follow the poets' blog at www.walkingwithpoets.com, on twitter using #gardenpoet and at www.facebook.com/WalkingWithPoets.
Walking With Poets, takes writing about the landscape into the twenty-first century. It is a collaboration between the Scottish Poetry Library, the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh and Cove Park, and funded by a Creative Scotland Year of Natural Scotland Award.
When & Where
Scottish Poetry Library Events Programme
- We ask ticket buyers to pay the Eventbrite ticket booking fee, included in your ticket price if you purchase online, as otherwise the cost of selling tickets online is prohibitive for us as a charity. If you do not wish to pay the ticket fee, you are most welcome to purchase your tickets in person at the SPL reception desk any time before your event, provided it is not sold out. Tickets purchased in person will not incur a booking fee.
- If you need a carer/companion to help you access this event, they will be eligible for a free ticket to the event. Please contact email@example.com.
- We are unable to provide refunds for events if you cannot attend. If we have to cancel an event due to unforeseen emergencies such as extreme weather conditions, we will refund all ticket buyers for the full cost of their tickets.
- Concession tickets apply to children (under 15), students (with valid matriculation card), Young Scot card holders, Senior Citizens, Disability (Carers go free), Claimants (Jobseekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit), NHS employees (with proof of employment).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.