Water scarcity, climate change and challenges for food security in the Mediterranean
Wednesday, 29 May 2013 from 15:00 to 16:00 (CEST)
We are pleased to invite you to join Feeding Knowledge's webinar on
Water scarcity, climate change and challenges for food security
in the Mediterranean
Keynote by Prof. Luis Santos Pereira
The webinar is free and will go live on May 29 from 15 to 16 CET.
Topics to be discussed during the webinar:
- Water plays a main role in food production particularly in the Mediterranean countries where rainfall is less and crop water requirements are higher
- There is potential for improving land and water productivity
- There is potential for increasing the performance of irrigation systems
- Climate change will impact the Mediterranean area more heavily than elsewhere but there is potential for adaptation
- Improving land productivity, water use performance and economic water productivity constitute the main challenges for Mediterranean countries and people to face food security in the coming years
- These challenges call for innovative research, economic policies, rising public awareness and democratic governance with users participation
In order to participate, you only need a computer with internet connection, headphones and the attitude to share your ideas on this subject.
If you want to check out our previous webinars, please visit our Youtube channel.
Feel free to share!
Feeding Knowledge Project
Feeding Knowledge is a Program for cooperation for research and innovation on food security which will be part of the Expo 2015 permanent legacy.
Feeding Knowledge Program is based on two synergic initiatives:
- The establishment of an Euro-Mediterranean Scientific Network on research and innovation on food security.
- The recognition and dissemination of Best Sustainable Development Practices on food security.