Welcome to Wordpress
Monday, 10 October 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to Wordpress -website in a day
Wordpress is the most popular online publishing tool currently powering more than 20% of the web. It isn’t just for professionals, you can quickly set up an initial website using a few basic skills.
Welcome to Wordpress is designed specifically with owners of smaller businesses in mind who would like to try out building their own website, or gain a better understanding so that they can communicate more effectively with their website developer. We have a hands-on approach, using your own laptop or tablet we will take you through step-by-step, from initial registration to publishing a functional three-page website which will remain available to you for a month following the workshop.
You will benefit most from this workshop if you have basic word processing skills, know how to manage files and folders, and can manipulate images (shape, size and format).
What's Covered in the Workshop?
First steps - A look at what’s needed to get you going:
- Domain registration,
- Up and running in 15 minutes - Setting up Wordpress,
- Navigating around Wordpress.
Getting started – The essential skills:
- Adding and managing pages,
- Uploading and adding images, and video,
- Creating and arranging menus,
- Choosing and adding the right theme (template),
- Going mobile.
Bringing your website to life – How to make your website active and professional:
- Adding and formatting posts,
- Adding content – posts v pages,
- Including comments,
- Overview, installing and using plugins.
Can customers find your site?– Optimise Wordpress for search engines:
- Making page url’s work for you,
- Tagging and categorising posts,
- Social Media links.
Housekeeping – Now it’s done, look after your site:
- Keeping plugins, themes and Wordpress up to date,
- Monitoring and managing comments,
- How to stop spam.
Next Steps - Consider how to implement your thoughts from today:
- Take time out to consider future actions and plans.
- All materials, refreshments, and lunch are provided.
- You will need to bring with you a laptop or tablet that can access the internet using wi-fi. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Welcome to Wordpress provides technology training to support our 'Recipe for Success' programme of business workshops and is suitable for all types of business, and all business owners (self-employed, sole traders, partners, Directors). Individuals starting a business will also find this workshop very useful.
For details about the Recipe for Success programme visit: Recipe for Success
For general information visit our website: www.enterprisenorthyorkshire.co.uk
Save This Event
When & Where
Enterprise North Yorkshire
Our business training programmes and workshops are informative, fun and they work. All have been written with small businesses, self-employed and business start ups in mind.