What Does it Mean to be an Internationalist Today?
Thursday, 31 October 2013 from 19:00 to 22:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Much has changed since the heady optimism of the 1970s when our first magazine rolled off the press. To mark our anniversary year, we are putting global solidarity and development up for debate.
Join New Internationalist editors and guest speakers including:
- Dan Smith (International Alert)
- John Hilary (War on Want)
- Jessica Horn (Africa Feminist Forum)
- Jonathan Glennie (Overseas Development Institute)
- Nitasha Kaul (Novelist and economist)
- Marieme Jamme (Senegalese-born social entrepreneur)
- Asad Rehman (Climate campaigner, Friends of the Earth)
7-7.30pm: Coffee and birthday cake
7.30-9pm: Panel discussion and Q&A
9-10pm: Wine and refreshments
Tickets are free but please register here to attend.
Don't forget to follow the debate on Twitter: #newint40
When & Where
New Internationalist reports on issues of world poverty and inequality. We focus attention on the unjust relationship between the powerful and the powerless worldwide in the fight for global justice.