Annual Chicago Booth UAE Alumni Club Event
Women Entrepreneurs in MENA: Successes, Challenges and Policies
The Chicago Booth UAE Alumni Club is delighted to invite you to their Annual Middle East Conference which is being organized in close collaboration and partnership with the Ideation Center, Booz & Company's signature Middle East think tank.
The event will be held at the Ritz-Carlton DIFC in Dubai on 16 January 2013, starting at 3:00 PM followed by a networking dinner at 8:00 PM.
The event will be focused on three key areas, each having a keynote address followed by an interactive panel discussion:
- Creating Awareness about the Third Billion – We will highlight key findings of international and regional research focusing on the Ideation Center's landmark publication The Third Billion.
- Empowering Women Entrepreneurs – We will discuss the first-hand experiences of pioneering female entrepreneurs to shed light on enablers and challenges.
- Carving the Way Forward – We will address current gaps in policy and execution as well as the way forward to empowering women entrepreneurs.
3.00pm with dinner at 8.00pm
Ritz-Carlton DIFC, Dubai, UAE
Commitments for speakers and panelists currently include:
- Dr Nasser Saidi – Executive Director - Hawkamah Institute for Corporate Governance and former Chief Economist of DIFCA
- Sana Bagersh - CEO - BrandMoxie
- Nadereh Chamlou – Senior Advisor, Office of the Chief Economist for the MENA Region - World Bank
- Tarek Sadi - Managing Director - Endeavor - Lebanon
- Dr Karim Sabbagh - Senior Vice President & Chairman - Ideation Center
- Dr Leila Hoteit – Principal - Booz & Co
- Rama Chakaki – Co-Founder - Baraka Ventures
- Ambareen Musa – CEO - Souqalmal.com
- Salam Saadeh – Founder – Active-M
- Tuba Terekli - Co-Founder & CEO - Qotuf Al Riyadah Development Company
- Dr. Abdulaziz Ben Ibrahim Al Hargan - Program Director Bader Program for Tech Incubators - King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology
- Randa AlHamyari – Founder – Break Media
A buffet dinner starting at 8PM will allow speakers and attendees to reconnect with old friends, make new acquaintances, and continue the discussion and analysis of this most important topic.
Booth has secured a limited number of rooms at the Ritz Carlton for the nights of 15-17 January.
To get this special rate, please contact Ana Elena Saenz to reserve your room. You will need to mention you are attending the Booth Event.
The Club would also like to thank our sponsors for their precious help and contribution.
Inquiries for sponsorship can be directed to John Frédérick van Zuylen '10
Please feel free to contact any members of the Conference Committee if you have any questions about the event. We look forward to seeing you in January!
Yvonne Chebib, '12 (EXP-17)
J.K. Khalil, '10
John Frédérick van Zuylen, '10
Mark Corusy, '94
Mariam Elsamny, '07
*We will not be able to provide any refunds for cancelations after 7 January and any registrations after that date will be at a cost of USD $95.
Please note - Individual contact details may be shared with the conference sponsors.
When & Where
Chicago Booth Alumni Club of the UAE
For questions please contact:
Jihad Khalil: firstname.lastname@example.org