WREXHAM: 2016 Trainer and Educator Development Day
Tuesday, 22 November 2016 from 09:00 to 16:30 (GMT)
Following successful events in previous years, the Wales Deanery, in conjunction with Cardiff University’s School of Medicine and Swansea University’s College of Medicine, is once again hosting three Trainer and Educator Development Days in October/November 2016.
The events are open to anyone who is undertaking one of the four trainer roles as set out in the GMC’s ‘Recognising and Approving Trainers: The Implementation Plan’. i.e.
- Educational Supervisors;
- Named Clinical Supervisors;
- Lead coordinators of undergraduate training at LEPs;
- Doctors responsible for overseeing students’ educational progress for medical schools.
The theme for this year's events will be 'Innovative Practices in Medical Education' and the events will cover the following GMC Framework Areas:
1. Ensuring safe and effective patient care through training
2. Establishing and maintaining an environment for learning
3. Teaching and Facilitating Learning
4. Enhancing Learning through Assessment
The events will provide a mixture of plenary and workshop sessions with input from expert facilitators and will also provide an opportunity for networking. Full Programme details will be circulated in due course.
Please note that the Programme will be repeated for each of the three events so you should only attend one event.
To register for the event at the Ramada Plaza in Wrexham, please click on 'Register' above and complete the online registration form.