Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Supporting Parents through Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
This event is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing Accreditation Unit.
To provide an opportunity for the participants to explore the impact that pregnancy loss and the death of a baby can have on the family, and to identify the communication skills required, as outlined in 'Pregnancy Loss and Death of a Baby: Guidelines for Professionals' 3rd edition Schott, Henley & Kohner: Sands 2007
• to explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss
• to recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief, including gender issues
• to identify the potential impact on a couple's relationship
• to identify the importance of robust bereavement policies and care pathways
• to gain an understanding of how to enhance the care and support offered
• to relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
• to gain insight into differing beliefs and cultures
• to explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
• to gain information about the Child Bereavement Charity, other similar support
organisations and resources available
Who Should Attend?
For all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death
"I feel much more confident to talk, start the conversation about the loss a family has had"
The Saunderton Estate
HP14 4HU Buckinghamshire
Child Bereavement Charity
The Child Bereavement Charity supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies, and when a child is bereaved.