Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Suicide - The Impact on Families
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
To develop a greater understanding of the effects of bereavement by suicide on families and children
• to increase awareness of the particular complications of this type of loss
• to develop greater confidence in providing support and communicating with
families and children
• to gain information regarding suicide facts and the myths and gain a better understanding of those
more at risk of attempting suicide
• to increase awareness of the effect on us when working with those bereaved
• to explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support
organisations and resources available
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for anyone whose work may involve supporting those who have experienced this traumatic type of bereavement
"The whole day has been so helpful especially the empasis on caring for myself, and permission to do so"
The Saunderton Estate
HP14 4HU Buckinghamshire
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.