Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Supporting Families Bereaved by Murder and Manslaughter
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
To develop a greater understanding of the effects of bereavement by murder and manslaughter and what can be done to help and support those affected
• to be reminded of the impact of trauma and how it may impede the grieving process
• to develop understanding of what can assist children, young people and families bereaved by murder
• to develop specific ideas for delivering helpful interventions
• to increase understanding of how the work may impact upon the workers, and how to look after
ourselves so that we can be as effective as possible
• to explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
• to gain information about the Child Bereavement Charity, other similar support organisations and
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all those whose work involves supporting those bereaved by murder or manslaughter
Attending the Understanding Traumatic Bereavement workshop is not a prerequisite for this workshop, but it is highly recommended
"I found the information regarding supporting children directly after the event was particularly useful to me, but all aspects contributed to my learning and were relevant to my role”
Child Bereavement UK
HP14 4HU Buckinghamshire
Child Bereavement Charity
The Child Bereavement Charity supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies, and when a child is bereaved.