Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
The Neonatal Experience - Loss and Grief without a Bereavement
Wednesday, 2 May 2012 from 10:00 to 16:00 (BST)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Paula Steele - Neonatal Unit Counsellor
Alex Mancini - Neonatal Matron
To explore key areas of neonatal care including: loss and grief, communication, parents' perspective and the moral and ethical issues around end of life and palliative care
- To identify the ways in which we communicate and the impact of our communication in both the short and long term
- To explore the feelings of loss and grief often experienced by parents of a premature or sick baby
- To consider the moral and ethical dilemmas we are often faced with when working in an intensive care setting
- To reflect on the impact of this work on us, the professional carer
- To gain information about the Child Bereavement Charity, other similar support organisations and resources available
Who Should Attend
This workshop will look at the neonatal experience from the perspective of a parent and a professional. It is suitable for all neonatal nurse, doctors and other healthcare staff working in a neonatal unit. This may also be appropriate for those working on delivery and post natal units
When & Where
Child Bereavement Charity
The Child Bereavement Charity supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies, and when a child is bereaved.