Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Fascinating Story of the City of London - "The Great Survivor"
Sunday, January 29, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
This walk is an overview of the beginnings, transitions and outcomes all contributing to the creation of what has become the great City of London, which is sometimes called "The Great Survivor". This is a two hour circular walk, starting and ending at St Paul's Underground Station.
This walk will enable you to learn more about
- the early start of Roman London
- the remains of the Saxon moot system
- the medieval mind - or how the gentry thought they could trick their way into heaven, while the workers learned to organise themselves on earth
- how one worthy man managed to prevent an English revolution in the late C18th
- a grisly account of the English legal and justice system at the Old Bailey.
When & Where
Dianne Hally, Footprints of London
Footprints of London is a website created by independent guides to promote and market the walks that they lead. This walk is led by Dianne Hally