Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
PR Insights: Social Media
Wednesday, 21 March 2012 from 11:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
|PR Insights is a programme of training courses from UnLimited Insights aimed at people working in PR and corporate communications. Tapping into expertise from the communications, media and digital industries, the PR Insights courses provide practical information on best practice and current trends from across the PR spectrum.|
|This course provides an overview of the social media landscape in 2012, and how social media platforms can be used across the PR spectrum to manage stakeholder relationships, and to aid a company's research, response and reputation management. It explains how to plan consumer-facing social media campaigns, and the importance of good content, and looks at how to measure the effectiveness of social media activity. This course will provide ideas, insights and practical information for both consumer and corporate PR people.|
|This course is led by Chris Cooke, who has written about the media and content industries daily for over ten years. He reports on the PR and marketing sectors for esPResso, and often comments on the content industries for other media, most notably the BBC. Chris also has hands-on experience working on PR and communication projects, and provides key media training to the award winning Taylor Bennett Foundation, which is supported by the likes of Brunswick, Talk PR, Edelman and MHP. An experienced trainer, Chris brings insider insights, practical experience and legal training to his teaching.|
|UnLimited Media is a Corporate Affiliate of the Institute Of Continuing Professional Development. For those professionals with non-specific CPD commitments, UnLimited courses relevant to your profession can count for six hours of CPD time. Certificates to confirm attendance are available on request. Though please note UnLimited Media's training courses are not currently accredited by any specific professional bodies, eg the Solicitor's Regulation Authority.|
|WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS
• Key social media platforms - functionality, reach, demographics.
• Social media as relationship tools - consumers, media, investors, employees, political community.
• Social media as research tools - listening in and reaching out.
• Social media as response tools - routine, special and crisis response.
• Social media as reputation tools - thought leadership.
• Consumer-facing social media campaigns - targets, tools, activity.
• The importance of content - brands as content creators.
• Measurement and ROI.
• Platforms covered include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Quora, YouTube, SoundCloud, Wikipedia, blogging platforms and analytic tools.
|WHAT THIS COURSE TEACHES YOU
• What social media are.
• What different social media do, and who uses them.
• The role of social media across the PR spectrum.
• The role of social media in stakeholder relationships.
• How to use social media as a research, response or reputation tool.
• What you should consider when creating consumer-facing social media campaigns.
• The importance of content - and how to become content curators and creators.
• How to assess social media activity, and the power of analytic platforms.
|WHO SHOULD COME ON THIS COURSE
• Any PR or marketing person, in agency or in-house, with a social media role.
• Any PR or marketing person looking for ideas for social media campaigns.
• Any PR person looking for insights to inform a social media strategy.
• Any PR person wanting to know about latest trends and technologies.
• Any PR student.
• Anyone interested in social media and its role as a promotional and communication tool.
• Although about 25% of this course is specifically geared towards those doing consumer-focused social media campaigns, as a whole it is also appropriate for those with a corporate PR or communications role.
PR Insights is a programme of training courses from UnLimited Insights aimed at people working in PR and corporate communications.
Tapping into expertise from the communications, media and digital industries, the PR Insights courses provide practical information on best practice and current trends from across the PR spectrum.
UnLimited Insights is a Corporate Affiliate of the Institute Of Continuing Professional Development.