Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Communicating with Children and Young People Bereaved by Sudden Death - SHEFFIELD
Thursday, June 7, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (BST)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Kindly sponsored by Irwin Mitchell LLP
An interactive study day which will consider the needs and issues relating to children and young people bereaved by sudden death and the skills and resources required to support them
• Children's understanding of death
• How children and young people grieve
• Particular challenges around sudden death
• What you need to know about inquests
• Creative ways of supporting children and young people
• Examples of direct work with children and young people
• Managing our own feelings, and ways in which to support ourselves and our colleagues
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all those who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector
"The day reaffirmed and gave me more information into how to deal with traumatic and sudden death when dealing with children and young people" Delegate from Bristol Day November 2011
When & Where
Child Bereavement Charity
The Child Bereavement Charity supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies, and when a child is bereaved.