Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Mobile technologies in libraries: information sharing event
Tuesday, 8 May 2012 from 10:00 to 16:00 (BST)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Purpose of event
To encourage skills transfer and knowledge exchange across library and technology practitioners interested in developing m-library initiatives.
Library practitioners (e.g. librarians, developers, managers, IT staff, e-learning staff) currently working with mobile devices/technologies or interested in doing so in future.
This information sharing event organised by the JISC m-libraries community support project will include speakers (including keynote speaker James Clay), workshops, discussions, networking opportunities and a chance for hands-on experience of mobile devices and technologies.
The event will be relatively informal, with a selection of morning and afternoon workshops to be decided by attendees. Please be prepared to talk to other attendees about your activities or plans for m-libraries - you'll even be given the opportunity to present a lightning talk or facilitate a session if you like.
By attending this event you will:
- learn more about the different ways libraries can utilise mobile technologies
- have the opportunity to examine for yourself some of the different mobile devices and technologies your library may want to use
- be able to contribute to the event by sharing your own library's initiatives and plans for m-library development
- take away ideas of how to progress m-library development in your library whatever your budget
- network, build connections with and learn from others interested in utilising mobile technologies in libraries
Getting to Maple House
The Maple House venue is located in the Birmingham City Centre location of Corporation Street overlooking Old Square. Just minutes from New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street stations it is also conveniently located for a number of major bus routes. Parking is also available at a number of NCP car parks locally. For more information see Maple House directions guide.