Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Introduction to Bike Maintenance
Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 11:00 - Sunday, 27 May 2012 at 11:00 (BST)
London, United Kingdom
Ever wanted to get your hands dirty but didn't know where to begin? Thought that paying £80 to get some new brake pads was just a tad too much? Looks like it's time for you to learn how to do it yourself! In LBK's Introduction to Bike Maintenance course, we'll show you how.
1) Names of common bike parts
2) Essential basic tools: names and usage
3) How to clean and lubricate a bike
4) Proper way to fit your bike to your body
5) Proper way to inspect your bike
6) Fixing punctures
7) Brakes - how they work and how to take care of them
8) Brake blocks + cables - how to adjust and replace
9) Gears - how they work and how to take care of them
10) Gears + cables - how to adjust, index and replace
Your teacher will be the talented Tom Martin, who currently teaches our Youth Mechanics workshop with four young people. Tom also hails from New Jersey (you don't know anyone from NJ, do you), and if that's not reason enough to take this course, I don't know what is.
This course will take place over two consecutive Sundays from 11am - 2pm, and will include tea, coffee, and snacks. You will also get 1 year's LBK membership when you sign up! What a lovely way to start your day and end your weekend. And if you don't have your own bike - don't worry, we can lend you one.
Knowledge is power - arm thyself!