We hold these events anywhere and anytime upon your request.
- The purpose of our tasting event is guiding into the world of the quality beverages.
- We introduce the word famous Hungarian high quality wines and the only one unique speciality of Hungary, the palinka.
- We show off the method how become palinka the only name, which is now used upon its name as registered brand mark all over the world.
- To let anyone being closer to the way of responsibly drinking and enjoying the alcohol beverages at its best.
During the event we provide 6 different wines and 4 different palinkas just from the best selections.
Hungary’s vineyard land is over 320.000 acres. The mostly volcanic composition of soil and the number of sunny days and climate are a great compound to make the best quality wine. To frame wine in Hungary is already a 1000 year old tradition. As it comes along from fathers to sons for very long time it became more than just “wine making”, it is already a way of the living of life for these people. This is why it is no surprise that the Hungarian wines take place in a very classy position of the wines in the world.
Wines (traditionally grown Hungarian breeds):
1. Tokaji Furmint, dry – 2009 : 60% of the wine was fermented in 110 gallons barrels used for the first time, 40% in tanks. It was kept on the pomace for 4 months after fermentation. The fruity and vineyard notes dominate the nose and taste while wood is present in the background and all ends up with a creamy finish.
2. Bock Rizling of Rajna : It is an international breed which has extraordinary givens. The bright color is determining this wine with some yellow and green influence. The smell reminds of flowers and fruits and the taste is ending with light sour flavor. For 4-6 months the wine remains in oak barrels to make it the best selection.
3. Bock Bluefrank Barrique Selection : This is a medium weight wine regarding to the taste. After fermentation it stays in smoked oak barrels for 14 months. This is how it becomes a barrique selection. It has intense ruby color. The taste comes along with cherry and dark chocolate in the end.
4. Bull’s blood of Eger – Thummerer Cellar : Besides Tokaji Aszu, Bull’s Blood is one of the most internationally acknowledged wines from Hungary. There is strict requirement to make this wine from 3 or more different kind of wines such as Blaufrank, Portugieser, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merot, Pinot Noir, and Zweigelt. In addition, grape processing, wine technology and bottling must be contained in cellars that are officially registered within Eger Wine District. It comes along with nice ruby color. The smell is high in fruity scent and the taste is full bodied with herbs and some light sour flavor.
5. Tokai Aszú : This is the most famous Hungarian beverage ever. It is a dessert wine, sweet, unctuous, sleek, and golden bright color is determining this unique drink. It is one of the most famous wine in the world, mainly because of the special making process.
6. Strawberry wine: The wine makers of this potion replaced the grapes with strawberry while they were keeping all the good flavors of the berry. The result is an extraordinary alcoholic beverage with nice and smooth fruity cover. We would say this is a must to try!
The traditional drink of Hungary is a unique spirit made from 100 per cent fruit, which are traditionally apple, apricot, cherry, grapes, pear, plum. These are widely grown plants throughout Hungary. The climate makes an excellent environment to raise the finest quality fruits, which is substantially the heart of every palinka. Like most of the palinkas in Hungrary are “home made” means produced very carefully by own hand. This is how the taste never fails, just best is good enough!
Palinkas (the name what does not need explanation):
1. Raspberry palinka : This palinka has probably the most intense fruity taste cause every liter needs 10 kg raspberry fruit. After swallow it the whole taste of the raspberry fruit comes back in the mouth. Feels like just had some real berry!
2. Golden Apple palinka : This is a very special palinka. The fresh distillate stays on real apple for 3 month. The palinka draws into itself the real taste of the apple to become almost like an apple juice.
3. Honey coated green walnuts palinka : This is a special nut palinka covered by honey. The taste comes with the nice sweetness of the honey mixing with the kindness of the walnut. We recommend this drink beside desserts.
4. Special surprise!