This course will give you the skills needed to handle Public Meetings with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
Communicating difficult messages to potentially hostile audiences can be a daunting prospect, but addressing the crowd doesn’t have to be an ordeal.
We will help you handle the challenging, often controversial issues involved in Public Consultations.
We cover everything from engaging with local communities, preparing key messages, handling difficult questions to dealing with contentious issues and awkward people.
We tailor the training to you, your issues and your audiences, enhancing your skills so that you are comfortable in all future events.
Executives, Directors, Senior Managers, Clinicians and other key spokespeople who have to address large or small groups in formal or informal settings
Handle controversial issues
- Learn the techniques for listening and responding to concerns
- Practice difficult topics with challenging material
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
- Understand how to put over a positive image of your organisation
- Enhance communication of key messages around your Consultation
- Learn how to communicate sometimes complex ideas, full of jargon, in Plain English, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Practise delivering these key messages to an audience
- Practise delivering these messages to the media through interviews
- Learn how to handle difficult and sometimes hostile questions from the floor
- Deal with challenging behaviour and awkward audiences