Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organise your very own event.
Fashion at Hackney House will showcase East London’s thriving fashion sector and why Hackney is central to London's fashion industry. A major announcement about the fashion industry in Hackney will be made on the day.
12.00noon – 3.30pm Exhibition & Workshops
3.30pm - 4.30pm Reception & Fashion Presentation
Exhibition showcasing all aspects of the fashion industry located in Hackney from world-class education and training to retail and media, through high-end design, manufacture, tailor-made business support and digital marketing.
Many aspects of the exhibition will be interactive, with participants running workshops and demonstrations:
- London College of Fashion will showcase the work of their recent graduates
- DISC will curate documentaries made by London College of Fashion Students about garment production in Hackney
- Set designer, Robert Storey, will create an installation of outfits from a group of selected designers supported by the Centre of Fashion Enterprise
- Curator and film director Kathryn Ferguson will display a selection of fashion film's from up and coming East London creatives.
- The North Circular, the ethical fashion label co-owned by Lilly Cole, will demonstrate sustainable garment production with a workforce of grannies
- Learn from Here Today, Here Tomorrow how to build a business on personalised production
- Get yourself personalised laser-cut jewellery from Tatty Devine’s pop up workshop
- Witness fashion come to Digital life with displays by Augmented Reality specialists Holition
- Explore the NUJI website on an installation of Computers, create your own wish list and discover how social media can influence retail
Hackney House Designer Tote Bags
We have commissioned William Richard Green to design T-shirts for Hackney House Volunteers and Tote Bags for guests designed by Richard Nicoll
Augmented Reality Demonstrations
Lynne Murray and Jonathan Chippindale of Holition will talk us through the Augmented Reality technology they create for Retail and how it is an effective way of engaging with consumers
Wendy Malem, London College of Fashion and Centre for Fashion Enterprise
Wendy Malem is not only the Dean of LCF Graduate School but also the Director of the Centre for Fashion Enterprise as well as the driving force behind the new EU-funded Designer-Manufacturer Innovation Support Centre based in Hackney. A recognised fashion designer, academic and researcher, she has high-level strategic experience both within the international designer sector and more recently in higher education.She is responsible for strategic development of the Graduate School as well as heading up “Enterprise” for LCF. This includes directing design and enterprise while focussing on professionalising and innovating the global fashion industries.
Hear Wendy talk about the borough’s thriving fashion sector and why Hackney is central to London's fashion industry.
Reception & Fashion Presentation
From 3.30 pm there will be speeches and a great opportunity to meet and mingle with exhibitors and other professionals from the local fashion industry including local designers, manufacturers, fashion media and bloggers, digital technology specialists and many others.