Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Intermediate dressmaking- The perfect fitting shift dress
London, United Kingdom
Intermediate Dressmaking-Make a perfect fitting shift dress
This is the perfect class to learn how to make a simple summer dress
- Here's what you'll need to bring along on the day – 2 m of fabric for the dress.
- Fabrics suitable for the dress are woven fabrics like mid weight cotton and cotton blends, light weight denim, linen and linen blends.
- Use the pattern again and again as a top, or tunic. We'll share some easy dress variations too
- You'll also need a 22 inch invisible/concealed zip in a matching shade to your outer fabric, and a reel of matching thread if you've picked an unusual colour that we may not have at the studio. Ideally you should at least steam press the fabric before the class, and I always pre-wash fabric (if it's washable) before cutting, to ensure no shrinking after it's made up.
- You'll be provided again with a list of supplies you'll need on your booking confirmation email.
- Once your project is cut out you'll be shown how to do you the tricky bits like inserting an invisible zips and sewing an all in one facing
Cost: £90 (max number of 5 students per session)
Time: 10am – 5.30pm. Arrive early as session starts promptly!
Materials required: Pattern, tools, use of equipment and interfacings included, just bring enough fabric and notions (zip & thread) to make your dress.
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and snacks provided. Do Bring along a sandwich for lunch.
Unit 21, 4-6 Shelford Place
N16 9HS London
The Thrifty Stitcher
Sewing advisor to "The Great British Sewing Bee" Claire-Louise Hardie is also a dressmaker to the stars and runs friendly sewing classes with very small groups
We de-mystify the art of sewing and show you just how easy and fun it is, offering a range of modern funky sewing classes that are suitable for adults at all levels.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing