Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Teach Python - 13th March 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from 9:15 AM to 3:20 PM (GMT)
Preston, United Kingdom
in associaton with
Wednesday 13th March 2013
Other dates available on Friday 7th Dec and Tuesday 2nd July 2013
Code your own solutions to problems
A “hands-on” coding day where you will go on a tour around the Python IDLE programing environment, solve programming challenges and think like a computer scientist! You will:
- discover why Python is an excellent choice for Key Stage 3 and GCSE Computing courses
- take away resources to use in your own classroom
- get helpful hints to get the most out of Python
- be given a whole range of ideas to explore uses of Python, including supporting GCSE coursework assignments
- be guided through a unit of work suitable for 11-16 Year olds involving games creation in Python
Contact Paula for information & to book your place.
Computing at School (CAS)
Computing at School (CAS) is a membership association which aims to promote and support Computing and related disciplines in UK schools, formally supported by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. Its memberships is diverse, including teachers at over 500 schools across the UK, exam boards, industry, universities, professional societies, as well as parents and governors. CAS seeks to work at many levels, including directly supporting Computing/ICT teachers, as well advocacy at a national policy level. It has been heavily involved in the Royal Society Call for Evidence on Computing in Schools, as well as contributing to the recent National Curriculum Review in England. For further information regarding CAS and its activities, please see http://www.computingatschool.org.uk.
Computing at School is endorsed and supported by: