Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Bright Ideas! Local action for global impact on energy and climate change
Saturday, 6 April 2013 from 10:00 to 17:00 (BST)
London Borough of Wandsworth, United Kingdom
Calling all grassroots campaigners: Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get free practical training on effective local campaigning!
Looking at high-profile domestic and international campaigns, this one day training event is open to the public and will brief participants on a number of pressing climate issues, as well as equipping them with the tools to lobby effectively.
Expert speakers from prominent international development and environmental organisations will host skills-building sessions and practical briefings on:
- Innovative ways to lobby your MP - Martyn Williams, Friends of the Earth
- How to get local media coverage - Andrew Heath, Practical Action
- How to get other groups in your area involved - Chris Church, UK Low Carbon Communities Network
- The impact of climate change on food & ways communities are adapting - Colin McQuistan, Practical Action
- The green economy and how decisions made now will affect it - Alastair Harper, Green Alliance
- Energy efficiency and fuel poverty - Jenny Holland, UK Association for the Conservation of Energy
- The Sustainable Energy for All initiative and how it will bring clean energy to the world's poorest - Nick Milton, Practical Action
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
St. Paul's Community Centre is adjacent to St. Paul's Church in Wimbledon Park. Please visit their website for details on transport links to the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, your online registration is all we need!
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in contact with the event organiser by email at: email@example.com
When & Where
Stop Climate Chaos Coalition and Practical Action
Stop Climate Chaos is the UK's largest group of people dedicated to action on climate change and limiting its impact on the world's poorest communities. Our combined supporter base of more than 11 million people spans over 100 organisations, from environment and development charities to unions, faith and belief, community and women's groups.
Practical Action works in Africa, Latin America and Asia collaborating with communities to find practical solutions to poverty using technology in its broadest sense: physical infrastructure, machinery and equipment, knowledge and skills. Practical Action also seeks to change policy to benefit poor communities.