New Year's Eve is on us!
Make your New Year's Eve event a memorable one this year with Eventbrite. We're waiving our fees* for all events in the UK on New Year's Eve. Happy New Year!
*Subject to terms and conditions. Read terms and conditions
*Subject to terms and conditions. Read terms and conditions
The My NYE Dream Party 2012 (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on November 15th 2012 (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 9th 2012 (the “Contest End Date”) (such period referred to herein as the “Contest Period”). The Contest is sponsored by Eventbrite, Inc. (the “Eventbrite”).
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Participants may enter the Contest only by (i) signing up for a new Eventbrite account at www.eventbrite.co.uk/ NYE2012 (the “Website”), (ii) creating an event page for a New Year’s Eve event on www.eventbrite.co.uk/NYE2012 that you plan to host/organise in the United Kingdom (with tickets listed in Pound Sterling) that will start on December 31, 2012, and end no later than January 1, 2013 (“Your NYE Event”), (iii) submitting a completed official entry form available from www.eventbrite.co.uk/NYE2012 (an “Entry Form”). In order to be eligible, all steps must be submitted by the Contest End Date.
1 x £5,000 cash prize!!
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Contest End Date. Additional terms and conditions may apply to winner’s use of the prize, including (i) that it may only be used to fund Your NYE Event which you submitted in the Entry Form, (ii) that such event must be substantially similar to the event represented in the Entry Form, (iii) Eventbrite shall be allowed to send a representative or representatives to Your NYE Event along with a photographer to document the event for at least one hour, and (iv) upon request, you will produce receipts or other documentation reasonably acceptable to Eventbrite showing that the prize was used as set forth above. Should you fail to satisfy all conditions, the prize may be withheld, or if previously paid, Eventbrite may request to be reimbursed and upon such request you will promptly reimburse Eventbrite.
The prize winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. Eventbrite is responsible only for prize delivery. In order to receive a prize, you may be required to provide proof of identification. Any and all taxes on the prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are your sole responsibility. You may be required to fill out any applicable tax forms prior to or following prize delivery.
The Contest is only open to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man who are at least seventeen (17) years of age at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals, commercial enterprises and business entities doing business in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. By participating in the Contest, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Eventbrite and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in the Contest. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Eventbrite, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable laws and regulations. or business entities doing business in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
4. USE OF CONTENT/SUBMISSIONS. By submitting an Entry Form to Eventbrite in connection with this Contest, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Eventbrite the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such Entry Form (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such Entry Form (or any part thereof); and (b) use the Entry Form (or any part thereof), including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the Entry Form and the right to practice. Under no circumstances will Eventbrite be required to treat any Entry Form (or any part thereof), the details of Your NYE Event or event listing as confidential. Eventbrite will be entitled to use the Entry Form (or any part thereof) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, Eventbrite will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for Eventbrite’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the Entry Form (or any part thereof) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the Entry Form (or any part thereof) that may appear in any future products or services of Eventbrite.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Contest will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Eventbrite. The judges will judge each eligible entry on the basis of creativity and feasibility, among such other criteria as Eventbrite may set in its sole discretion.
The winners will be notified by e-mail to the Eventbrite account email address used to register on the Website within 5 working days of the Contest End Date. Such notification shall include instructions for proper acceptance of the prize. In the event a winner does not accept a prize within 2 business days, a winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. Eventbrite is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. The winner agrees to Eventbrite’s use of their name, address, likeness, Entry Form, Your NYE Event details, photographs taken at Your NYE Event, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. The winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Publicity Release. In addition, the winner may be required to participate in a promotional campaign including press relation activities, and should do his or her best to be available for such activities.
6. CONDITIONS: Eventbrite, and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Eventbrite; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or from participation in the Contest; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Eventbrite reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Contest should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Eventbrite’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event that proper administration of the Contest is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, Eventbrite will pick the winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Contest, participation in the Contest, any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Contest shall be governed by California law. By participating in this Contest, participants agree that California courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in San Francisco, CA.
7. WINNER: To obtain the first name, last initial and city of the Contest winner after the Contest End Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “My NYE Dream Party 2012 Winners List” to the Eventbrite address listed below. Requests for winners list must be received no later than 90 days from the Contest End Date.
My NYE Dream Party 2012
24 Greville Street
London EC1 N8SS, UK
9. NOTICE: Eventbrite reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Contest in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
10. Copyright 2012 Eventbrite, Inc. All rights reserved. Eventbrite and the associated logos are trademarks of Eventbrite, Inc.