Groundwork Manchester, Salford, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford (MSSTT) is an independent Not for Profit organisation that has an aim of “changing places, changing lives” through a range of initiatives, often with an environmental or sustainability focus. Groundwork MSSTT works hard to deliver, inspire and improve local areas, businesses and the lives of local people, many of whom live in some of our most challenging neighbourhoods.
Key areas that we work in include:
- Helping You Achieve Your Business Goals: Our Environmental Business Services (EBS) team provide a range of environmental, quality and health & safety business support services and training that is tailored to your specific requirements. We have a track record of achieving bottom line cost savings, supporting business improvement and growth, helping companies to stay compliant and ahead of the competition. Additionally we can help companies achieve their corporate social responsibility aspirations, including corporate volunteering programmes.
- Creating a Better Environment: Our award winning team of landscape architects provide a joined up design, consultation, client management and contract administration service. We offer everything from ideas for a neglected piece of land through to major environmental improvement programmes for business parks, housing estates etc.
- Blue Sky: An in-house grounds maintenance company supporting ex-offenders through training and real work experience.
- Skills, Training and Employment: Delivering a wide range of both accredited and vocational learning and personal development training, including courses that ensure employers meet statutory obligations around health and safety; environmental management etc.
- Sustainable Living: We work with communities to identify actions and behavioural changes they can make to minimize or offset their carbon footprint.
- Supporting Young People: Delivering highly respected programmes such as Princes Trust and City & Guilds Horticulture training, through to volunteering opportunities and targeted support for some of the most disadvantaged young people in some of our most challenging neighbourhoods.
- Community Engagement and Cohesion: Providing a wide range of support to both existing and aspiring community groups, tenants and residents associations and local community champions.