Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

Lady Margaret Hall

Lady Margaret Hall was founded in 1878, the first of the colleges for women at Oxford, and named after Lady Margaret Beaufort, mother of Henry VII and patroness of learning. In 1978 it became co-educational. It is proud both of its long tradition of academic excellence in women's education, and of its success since 1978 as a college open equally to women and men.