“Our nation, and the world at large, is in urgent need of a new generation of leaders who bring a diversity of experience and approach to craft innovative solutions for the many problems faced by the planet and those who inhabit it. Those leaders will possess the educational foundations, mental capacity, moral foundation, confidence and humility required to inspire others to find common cause and to strive for the improvement of society at large. The Foundation will identify, recruit and train young men and women who can demonstrate that their self-worth, engagement, and purpose qualify them to accept the responsibility of leadership.” Ken Olisa OBE - Founding Chairman, Powerlist Foundation
Why the Powerlist Foundation exists
The Powerlist Foundation is a registered charity which exists to promote the development of young people in achieving their full potential by providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in and contribute to society as mature and responsible individuals.
The lasting impact we have on young people is to support them as they develop into the next generation of leaders by teaching them what we've learned and by encouraging them beyond our highly acclaimed annual leadership programme as they take on new challenges.
- We are passionate and devoted to changing young people's lives by extending our high level leadership programme across the country.
- We want to ensure that more young people are able to maximise their full leadership potential, irrespective of gender, race, school or family background.
- We seek out young people from working class communities with both leadership potential and a desire to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- We connect them to a network of influential decision-makers in order for them to lead change.
- We arm young people with the self-awareness to be clear about their potential, their purpose and the contribution they want to make to our nation.
- We nurture the next generation of leaders by coaching and advising them.
Annual Leadership Programme
Through our intensive Annual Leadership programme we dedicate significant resources to developing talented individuals by providing them with practical opportunities to learn and build leadership skills so that they emerge as leaders and appreciate the impact that their talent and leadership can have on society as a whole. The programme also equips them with the knowledge to navigate a world that is undergoing continuous change – especially where traditional sources of advice may lack leading-edge experience of those changes.
Powerlist Foundation London Leadership College
The vision for the Powerlist Foundation London Leadership College (LLC) is to create a new generation of leaders and equip them to pursue excellence by instilling in them a strong sense of ambition, drive and confidence to achieve. It will be a distinctive, inclusive and diverse college with leadership at its core and will offer an outstanding education for young people who do not have the significant advantages of wealth, contacts and private education. LLC will take students from across London and aims to attract ambitious young people from across the capital. The power of established leaders will be harnessed through our network to inspire, role model and encourage students to raise their ambitions.