Harrogate Branch – Ripon Meeting
“Be a great networker – make those conversations count!” by Colin Tweedie
Tuesday 20th September from 7:30am - 9:30am
The Old Deanery, Minster Rd, Ripon, HG4 1QS.
Most people are fearful and uncertain about face-to-face networking. Listening to these practical tips and techniques on how to engage in successful networking conversations will increase your confidence, effectiveness and motivation. Why is this important? Because networking is a wonderful way to acquire clients and valuable long-term business and the happier and more equipped you feel when doing it, the more successful you will be.
This short, engaging and fast-paced talk focuses on making sure you have successful networking conversations every time. In particular:
- How do you set yourself up for a successful conversation?
- What attitude do you adopt?
- Why do all effective networkers act counter-intuitively?
- What are the best questions to ask?
- How do you gain lasting benefit from the conversation?
Colin Tweedie of CJT Consulting is well known to FSB audiences for his humorous and highly practical talk, "Become a great networker in just one hour!" which always receives excellent feedback. Today’s shorter talk focusses and expands on one key aspect – the conversation.
Non Members £8.50
This meeting is likely to be popular, so please book your place early.
- 7.30am Casual networking over Bacon / Sausage butties with tea, coffee or water. Please let us know if you require a vegetarian breakfast.
- 7.50am Round Robin introduction of self and company and who you are looking to hook up with.
- 8.00am Introduction to the FSB - the organisation, its benefits and rewards
- 8.15 Be a great networker - make those conversations count!
- 8.45 Questions
- 9.00 Return to Networking
- 9.30 Meeting closes
When & Where
FSB North Yorkshire Region
As experts in business, we offer our members a wide range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government. Our mission is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions.
Established over 40 years ago to help our members succeed in business, we are a non-profit making and non-party political organisation that’s led by our members, for our members.
The North Yorkshire region covers the Craven & District, Dales, East Coast, Ryedale, Harrogate District and the York Branches.