University of Worcester Enterprise advice clinics are only available for current students.
This month we have the IP specialist:
The importance of intellectual property (IP is a general term which covers trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) is oven underestimated by newly created businesses. In short, it is important to get some understanding of what these rights entail for two good reasons:
- all businesses may own IP, which is a highly valuable asset. Even if it is immaterial, it is a sort of property that you can transfer or licence potentially;
- before setting up, it is important to make sure you are not infringing anybody else’s rights.
This is a great opportunity for you to discuss for one hour your business at a confidential, one-to-one meeting with an experienced advisor.
Suitable for students who:
- Are in an established business and are having growing pains
- Have just started a business, have met difficulties and want some feedback on how they might overcome them
- Have a specific idea and want to bounce thoughts off an experienced business adviser, or
- Perhaps the business has reached a plateau and you’re not sure what steps to take next.
About: Liam Peters