San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Date: Multiple dates
Location: Leeds City Centre
Write a digital marketing plan in a day – and understand how to implement it!
- Are you a business owner or leader who wants to review and develop your online marketing but never seems to have the time?
- Do you struggle to keep on top of all the new digital technologies and platforms, or which you should be focusing on?
- Do you need a digital marketing plan that you can take away and implement tomorrow?
Led by digital strategist Jonny Ross (one of Yorkshire Business Insider’s ‘42 under 42’), this one-day digital marketing masterclass gives an overview of all the main digital channels and social media platforms, explaining how to use them and exploring which ones are best to reach different target audiences.
With advice and techniques that apply to both B2B and B2C markets, this masterclass covers blogging, onsite and offsite search engine optimisation (SEO), and email marketing; with Jonny’s unique insights on all the major social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
The course examines the importance of blogging, how it is core to any good digital strategy, and how it links in with an organisation’s wider PR and communications strategy. It explains the basics of SEO and how blogging and other social media activities and platforms benefit your website’s SEO.
It also touches upon some of the other social media platforms that are useful for engaging with SMEs, including Instagram, Google + and YouTube.
- Jonny gets 30% of his new business directly from LinkedIn. Find out how he finds, approaches and converts prospects on LinkedIn
- The Jonny Ross Consultancy blog was awarded ‘Best online marketing blog’ 2015 [FitSmallBusiness] alongside the likes of Harvard Business Review, the Moz Blog and Social Media Examiner. Discover how to create your own popular blog, write attention-grabbing blog posts and build a pipeline of potential new customers to convert.
Expect lots of takeaway tips and tricks that are easy to implement and can achieve the best/quickest results.
The course is delivered through a combination of seminar and presentation style learning.
Throughout the day we will be working on a personalised digital plan so that every delegate will walk out the room with a clear strategy that is actionable immediately.
This course gives practical tips and advice on how to:
- Use blogging and social media to improve the Google ranking of your website
- Set up the technical aspects of your website to increase its Google ranking
- Use LinkedIn and Twitter to find new customers or clients, develop relationships and win new business
- Set up and manage a blog and write an engaging and effective blog post
- Be strategic on social media, including how to set goals and measure success – you will go away with a clear plan to implement in your business immediately
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand how different social media platforms can be used strategically to build relationships and win business
- Have a good understanding of the impact of blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ on website search engine rankings (SEO)
- Understand which social media platforms are right for your business and how to use them effectively
- Feel comfortable using social media and understand the correct social media etiquette
- Go away with a list of useful digital marketing tips and tricks that they can implement straight away in their business
Parking available directly outside on the street (paid meters)
Lunch and refreshements will be provided
To find out more or book a place, call (0113) 320 2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: £197+VAT per delegate
- Pay via Eventbrite (this will incur a £12.47 fee)
- Pay via BACS, simply email asking for an invoice to be raised.
Please note: a short email survey will be sent to all registered delegates to find out what social media platform(s) they are currently using and which they would like to understand better or use more. The results will help inform content of the session and tailor it to be as useful as possible to attendees.
Managing Director of Creative Marketing Services, Leeds and London based marketing communications agency group.
I've known Jonny for several years now. In an era when so many profess to understand social media and how to use it successfully it's refreshing to meet someone that actually does. He is an inspiring speaker, a gifted mentor and tutor and an excellent authority on this ever changing and fast moving marketing area.
Tax Advisor CTA, Personal Tax
Jonny was the first delivery partner we engaged to provide business support workshops for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Broadband East Riding project. We kept returning to him throughout the whole project to run more workshops for a few key reasons:
- His workshop content and presenting style was first rate, and a result he got consistently top feedback marks from delegates.
- He hugely engages his audience with an enthusiasm for, and deep knowledge of, his subject and enjoys being challenged and put on the spot. As a result we found delegates leave his workshops inspired and are very likely to want to re-attend further workshops.
- Jonny was highly professional, flexible and adaptable and was willing to adjust his services to suit our project needs; which for a project with additional compliance regulations and sometimes difficult demands, was crucial.
As a result he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Thanks!
Outsourced Marketing Support & Print Management Saving Busy Business Owners & Directors Time & Stress
I booked an intensive course with Jonny on digital marketing to make sure my skills are as up-to-date as possible for my clients. I needed a course that specifically covered what I provide and at a professional advanced level. Jonny went through everything in depth but in a way that was easy to follow and answered any specific queries I had. I felt at ease and came away with new things to apply. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for social media or SEO training in the future.
Wine-tasting events organiser
I have now attended 2 of Jonny's workshops. What I like about his talks is that they open your eyes about the numerous opportunities available in the world of SEO and digital marketing and they make you feel empowered to ask the right questions if you have to have technical talks with your webmaster. He is very knowledgeable but still makes you feel comfortable with asking questions. I would also recommend subscribing to his blog, which is very informative and frequently has little reminders of what I am supposed to be doing.
Marketing Manager at Harrison Spinks Ltd.
Jonny tailored some personal sessions for me and our events manager at our offices in Leeds. He focussed on digital, SEO and Social media training and advised on planning social media effectively. I would definitely recommend him and look forward to working with him again in the future.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Vicarage Chambers is located overlooking Leeds prestigious Park Square in the heart of the legal and financial area, and just 5 minutes’ walk from Leeds Train Station and the city centre. The building is a stunning period property and the offices are furnished to a high standard, including original features. Excellent public transport links and easy access to the M621, M1 and M62 motorways are just some of the benefits of the location.
Onstreet parking (using meters) is available
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You don't need to bring anything at all
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email@example.com or 01133202121
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation charges are applied in all cases. We regret that we have to do this, however all bookings involve administrative costs and it is difficult to fill spaces made vacant by late cancellations.
Cancellation charges depend on when the written cancellation notice is received. A full refund will be given only if more than 4 weeks’ notice is given of a cancellation, see below for refund rates:
- Over 4 weeks’ cancellation notice: Full refund
- 2-4 weeks cancellation notice: 50% refund
- Less than 14 days cancellation notice: No refund unless in exceptional circumstances, for which a medical certificate may be requested.
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named at any time before the course. There will be no extra surcharge for making a substitution.
No refund will be payable for non-attendance or if no prior notice of cancellation is given.
The refund will be issued after the course.
When & Where
Want to know more about Jonny?
Find out what other people think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hiIskmGW9U
Jonny Ross Bio
Jonny Ross is managing director of Jonny Ross Consultancy: an award-winning digital marketing agency. JRC works with a wide range of B2B and B2C businesses, education/training providers and both public and third sector organisations.
Jonny has over 16 years experience in small business, and over 15 years’ experience in digital online technologies. He specialises in digital and social media marketing, web design and search engine optimisation.
Jonny has a proven track record in delivering strategies and solutions that will drive the right audience to a company’s website and enable the organisation to earn revenue from their site.
Jonny’s commercial sector experience includes both B2B and B2C; retail, professional services, education, local government, property management and telecommunications.
In addition to his many commercial business clients, Jonny Ross has also worked with schools, universities and training providers (including East Riding Council, York University, Sheffield Business School and Bradford University School of Management) on the development of new social media platforms and campaigns.
Jonny Ross is an experienced speaker and has devised and run numerous social media training events and strategy workshops for hundreds of people, including businesses and employees at all levels.
Connect with me on LinkedIn http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonnyross
Follow me on Twitter @jrconsultancy
Visit the JRC website http://www.jonnyross.com