1 Day Early Years Enabling Environments course
Who is the course designed for?
Early Years and Childcare Providers in all settings and childminders working with children under five.
This course aims to ignite enthusiasm by developing creative thinking and ideas for ensuring the environment truly reflects the emotional and holistic learning needs of the children. The session considers various models of good practice including the work in Reggio Emilia in Italy and the Te Whariki framework in New Zealand. The session combines principles of good practice and an opportunity to reflect on effective spaces for children.
Course content will include:
- The principles that underpin effective practice linking to frameworks around the world
- Understand the ethos of the work of Reggio Emilia with particular regard to the physical learning environment
- An opportunity to reflect upon the physical environment that you currently work in and identify strengths and areas of development
- Develop strategies to ensure that resources are open ended and reflective of children’s ever changing interests and passions
- Understand the need to involve and empower children in planning and resourcing their spaces
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Increased confidence in planning an effective environment
- Increased awareness of the principles of good practice and other frameworks that support the EYFS
- Increased awareness of how to support learning opportunities through provision of an enabling environment
- Understanding of the benefits of open ended play