1 Day Early Years Observation and Assessment Course
Who is the course designed for?
This is an essential practice for anyone working with children 0-5 years of age.
Course Overview: This course is designed to support you in creating robust observation, assessment and planning procedures essential for effective early years practices.
Course content will include:
- Discussions regarding the definitions of Observation, planning and assessment
- Identification and understanding of different strategies to support the planning process through discussion, practical and video material
- Discussions about the role of the key person in supporting the child through the identification of the child’s individual needs, interests and stage of development in order to plan a challenging and enjoyable experience for each child in all areas of learning and development.
- A practical workshop on assessment and next steps.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Increased knowledge of effective planning
- Increased knowledge of how practitioners can use assessment effectively to monitor and respond to children’s needs
- Increased confidence and understanding of strategies to support observation and assessment