Actions and Detail Panel
1 Day Effective Recruitment – Canterbury
Tue 4 July 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
This highly interactive course will give delegates the knowledge, understanding and confidence to recruit new staff and plan inductions and performance assessment. It will cover the whole recruitment process, beginning with identifying business human resource needs, through advertising jobs, types of selection, types of interviews, the induction of new staff and giving performance feedback.
The course will enable those involved in recruitment to ensure that they have the knowledge to conduct the process fairly and legally.
Methods of Learning:
The course is practical and interactive and delegates will take part in group activities and discussions, as well as working on individual plans and exercises.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify business needs when recruiting
- Construct job descriptions and person specifications, to enable shortlisting of the best candidates for the job.
- Pre-plan and formulate effective interview questions
- Prepare for the interview
- Build rapport with interview candidates
- Develop communication, listening skills and note taking during practical sessions
- Apply employment legislation throughout the process, and understand what constitutes discrimination
- Plan effective induction programmes for new staff
- Give constructive feedback to employees