Actions and Detail Panel
1 day Emergency First Aid At Work in Bromley BR2
Sun, December 3, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM GMT
1 day Emergency First Aid at Work Syllabus (EFAW)
The EFAW course is ideal for people who need to receive training in first aid and for businesses to train staff as first aiders. The content meets the needs of the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 and the new guidelines set out by the HSE in October 2013. Our EFAW course covers extra topics in addition to the full HSE Syllabus. These topics can be tailored to your work place requirements and needs.
This course can be taught as a RQF Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
Duration: This course involves at least 6 hours of training and is usually run over one day though can be run as shorter sessions if required.
The training is always the same regardless of the certificate you choose. Both certificate options include a First Aid training pack.
Please contact us to enquire about holding a course at your own venue or workplace.
Course content includes:
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Priorities of First Aid
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR and AED
- Fitting and seizures
- Shock and Bleeding – grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epipen – can be added if required
- First Aid Kits
- Heart Attack*
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture *
- Asthma and Diabetes*
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations *
* Head injuries, Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Attacks, breaks & soft tissue injuries are not included within the HSE First Aid syllabus – but are routinely incorporated into our course
Upon completion of this course, students will receive either a standard First Aid certificate or a RQF externally assessed certificate. Both are valid for 3 years.
In order to retain their First Aid qualification, students will need to attend another 6 hour EFAW course and receive certification for a further 3 years.
The HSE strongly recommends that all First Aiders complete an annual refresher course to keep their skills up to date and in line with any changes in First Aid procedures.
We offer an online annual refresher or contact us to enquire about our 3 hour classroom based course.
Continuous assessment by trainer, practical assessments to cover wound management, care of an unconscious casualty, CPR and a multiple choice paper (if you have chosen the RQF externally assessed certificate)